General Assistance

General Assistance is available to Tolowa Dee-ni' Tribal Citizens who reside in our 5 county service area only: Coos, Curry, Josephine, Del Norte, and Humboldt.


Obtain and complete an application for general assistance. Applicants must submit all information required, in order for an application to be complete.

Other Applications

  • Applicants with children must apply for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and submit an approval or denial letter.
  • Applicants who are disabled and unable to work must apply for other financial assistance, such as State Disability, SSI/SSP, SSD, Workers compensation, etc.
  • Applicants who are able to work must apply with TDN TERO department and your local workforce center.
  • Applicants also must apply for food stamps in your county, and submit an approval or denial letter.
  • All applicants must pass a drug test.